Areas Of Expertise
CLM presentation entitled: “Overcoming Sticker Price:
The Emergence of the Reasonable Value Approach.” Presenters Jim LeBlanc, VP and Director of Claim Operations, BerkleyMed, Tyler Robinson, Esq., Partner at Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C., Thomas Geroulo, Esq., Partner at Bardsley Benedict + Cholden, LLP, and myself, Tom Dawson, Esq., CEO of TD&P Consulting, Inc. will discuss “Reasonable Value” and how it may be used to allow Defendants to attack inflated and false life care plans with market based solutions without running afoul of the collateral source rule.
Making Dollars & Sense Out of Letters of Protection: Deconstructing Value Through Data
Using letters of protection, plaintiffs’ attorneys seek damages not reflective of the reasonable value of medical treatment costs, resulting in increased settlement demands and jury awards. Learn how using market data to value medical care can help determine the “inherent reasonableness” of medical goods and services in the healthcare market.
This year’s Roundtable will feature programming centered on the theme “Next Generation.”
Professional Liability Roundtable programs will include:
- A Sobering Look at Lawyer Impairment
- Succession/Transition Planning: Preparing Law Firms and Carriers for the Next Generation
- Ensuring That #MeToo is Not You Too: Defending a #MeToo Claim, Including Practical Tips for Clients
Medical Liability Track programs will include:
- Overcoming Sticker Prices: The Emergence of the Reasonable Value Approach
- Co-Defending the Physician and the Medical Product Manufacturer
- Caught on Tape: Strategies for Mitigating Damages in the Age of Cell Phones and Granny Cams